Because FERMIO LAB is about science, not showmanship ...
- Scientifically-validated food preservation technology, practised and perfected over 9,000 years1.
- Yields bio-accessible nutrients2 and bioactive compounds3 with digestive and immune benefits4.
- Naturally fortifies food with vitamins5, trace minerals6, antioxidants7, enzymes8, amino acids9 and organic acids10.
- Elevates nutritious whole-foods into nutrient-dense superfoods.
1. McGovern, P. E., Zhang, J., Tang, J., Zhang, Z., Hall, G. R., Moreau, R. A., et al. (2004). Fermented beverages of pre- and proto-historic China. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 101, pp. 17593-17598.
2. Tamang, J. P., Shin, D-H., Jung, S-J. and Chae, S. (2016). Functional Properties of Microorganisms in Fermented Foods. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7:578
3. Swain, M. R. and Ray, R. (2017). ‘Nutritional Values and Bioactive Compounds in Lactic Acid Fermented Vegetables and Fruits’, in S. Paramithiotis, (ed.), Lactic Acid Fermentation of Fruits and Vegetables. Florida: CRC Press, pp. 37-51
4. Marsh, A. J, Hill, C., Ross, R.P. and Cotter, P. D. (2014). Fermented Beverages with Health-Promoting Potential: Past and Future Perspectives. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 38, pp. 113-124
5. Walther, B. and Schmid, A. (2017). ‘Effect of Fermentation on Vitamin Content in Food’, in J. Frias, M. Martinez-Villaluenga and E. Peñas, (eds.), Fermented Foods in Health and Disease Prevention. London: Academic Press, pp. 130-157
6. Mohite, B. V., Chaudhari, G. A., Ingale, H. S. and Mahajan, V. N. (2013). Effect of Fermentation and Processing on In Vitro Mineral Estimation of Selected Fermented Foods. International Food Research Journal 20(3), pp. 1373-1377
7. Yeo, S. K. and Ewe, J. A. (2015). ‘Effect of Fermentation on the Phytochemical Contents and Antioxidant Properties of Plant Foods’, in W. Holzapfel, (ed.), Advances in Fermented Foods and Beverages: Improving Quality, Technologies and Health Benefits. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing, pp. 107-122
8. Murooka, Y. and Mitsuo, Y. (2008). Traditional Healthful Fermented Products of Japan. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, Vol. 35, Issue 8, pp. 791-798
9. Steinkraus, K. H. (1994). Nutritional Significance of Fermented Foods. Food Research International, 27:259-267
10. Montet, D., Ray, R. C. and Zakhia-Rozis, N (2014). ‘Lactic acid fermentation of vegetables and fruits’ in R.C. Ray and D. Montet (eds.), Microorganisms and Fermentation of Traditional Foods. Florida: CRC Press, pp. 108-140